The city of Zumbrota is more than just a city. It is a community that works together to make things happen. Since our city began in 1856, churches, committees, schools, businesses, and local government have worked together to promote growth and prosperity. As Zumbrota continues to grow, the smiling faces of our friendly neighbors help us retain the hometown atmosphere we all enjoy.
Bank of Zumbrota...the community bank.
Community banking is really all about relationships. The products we offer, the convenient offices and hours we keep, and the technologically advanced delivery systems we use, all exist to serve you...our customers. Our skilled staff is dedicated to maintaining the relationships we have and to nurturing new relationships.
As a community member, we realize that Zumbrota’s tomorrow depends on the youth of today. And as such, Bank of Zumbrota continues to be supportive through scholarships and commitment to Zumbrota-Mazeppa Public Schools.
Bank of Zumbrota's "official" charter dates back to January 1925, when two banks (The Goodhue County State Bank and The Security State Bank) consolidated to be called Farmers Security State Bank.
In 1992, with the opening of a second branch in Zumbrota, the name of the bank was officially changed to Bank of Zumbrota.
The Perra family has held controlling interest in Bank of Zumbrota since 1971, and since that time a member or members of the Perra family have been employed at Bank of Zumbrota or on the Board of Directors.
Front row L to R: John Perra (former President and former Board Member), Rose Perra
Back row L to R: Joe Perra; Jerry Perra (Board Member); Anne Perra Almli; Jeff Perra (Bank President and Chairman of the Board); Jim Perra (Bank Facilities Manager and Board Member)